The following maintenance instructions can also be downloaded as a pdf:
AZO is a heavy-duty entrance matting used either alone as carpet, or as infills in a StarTread entrance matting system.
The coarse denier fibres in AZO act as a soil trap to quickly strip mud and dust from shoes. After soil is dry the coarse fibres will readily release the dirt and it can be vacuumed off with a powerful industrial vacuum cleaner with power brushes.
AZO is suitable for all intense wear areas, including entrances, heavy commercial, golf spikes, ice skates, rugby boots, skis and vehicle showrooms. The manufacturing process involves intensive needling for maximum pile weight to achieve the excellent abrasion resistance it is known for.
Performance is best when used indoors or in weather protected areas.
Vacuum thoroughly with a powerful vacuum cleaner with power driven brushes. This agitates the pile to loosen the dirt.
AZO can be cleaned commercially with water or steam or even hosed down. Note that excessive water may break down adhesion to the floor. Spots or spills should be cleaned immediately. Diluted chlorine bleach has no adverse effect on colours. The pile is impervious to solvents such as used for oil or paint removal. However, caution must be exercised to apply industrial strength detergents or solvents only to a rag with which carpet is cleaned, and that none is allowed to soak into the rubber backing as the backing will be destroyed.
Note: Use care with detergents and solvents; i.e. adequate ventilation and skin protection as per label instructions.
Ideally the operator should be trained in stain identification and removal.
• Practically all stains can be removed successfully by a carpet shampoo.
• Follow shampoo manufacturers instructions.
• Never use chemicals which use chlorinated hydrocarbons.
• Agitate pile with a scrubbing action.
• Rinse AZO with clean water.
• Correct and prompt action can prevent a spill from becoming a stain.
• Chewing gum can be scraped off after freezing or dissolving.
• For tar, oil and grease, use methylated spirits. Always take safety precautions when using flammable liquids – as per label instructions.
1. Place your mat in a weather protected area as a wet mat does not work as well as a dry one.
2. Clean regularly with a powerful vacuum cleaner.
3. Attend to spills promptly and correctly (using a carpet shampoo or mild detergent) to prevent them becoming stains.
|Request a Sample||Product Brochure|
|Product Description||CAD Drawings|
|Back to Category||Maintenance|